[horde] https problem - adds in :80

Jesse Reynolds lizst at va.com.au
Wed Dec 1 04:20:42 PST 2004

At 12:42 +0100 30/11/04, Jan Schneider wrote:
>Zitat von Jesse Reynolds <lizst at va.com.au>:
>
>>At 10:21 +0100 30/11/04, Jan Schneider wrote:
>>>Zitat von Jesse Reynolds <lizst at va.com.au>:
>>>The problem seems to be that SERVER_PORT does not contain the correct port
>>>number, which is strange. Try to locate the environment variable that
>>>*does* contain the correct value and use that.
>>
>>SERVER_PORT just contains "80". This is the main port configured in
>>Apache 1.3. However, it also listens on port 443 for SSL requests.
>>
>>So I need to support either port 80 for http, or port 443 for https,
>>depending on what the user chooses when they log in.
>
>Exactly.
>
>>how can I support both http and https with Horde?
>
>By specifiying the correct value.
>
>>Is SERVER_PORT supposed to change to "443" when a user is connecting
>>with this port? Because it doesn't.
>
>Yes.

Right. Perhaps this is because I have both port 80 and 443 configured
in the one VirtualHost directive. Perhaps they need to be split into
two so Apache knows to get the SERVER_PORT correct for the port 443
config. Sound plausable?

>>I'm using Apache 1.3.27 on FreeBSD.

Jesse

--

   ::: Jesse Reynolds +61 (0)414 669 790 ::: AIM - jessedreynolds :::
   ::: Virtual Artists Pty Ltd, Adelaide ::: http://www.va.com.au :::