[horde] Permissions Problem?

lgeering at heathfieldcc.e-sussex.sch.uk lgeering at heathfieldcc.e-sussex.sch.uk
Mon Dec 6 07:09:51 PST 2004

Hi,

I have installed horde RC3 (including imp, ingo, kronolith, mnemo, nag and
turba) also whups daily snapshots 2004-12-02, mimp and gollem daily snapshots
2004-12-03.  All is working fine except for a problem with permissions.

I have created a group called staff and added some users to it.  If I then set
the permissions on whups so that All authenticated users and guest have no
access, creator has all 4 and so does the group staff and then login as a user
who is not in staff they cannot see whups in the list (as expected).  However
they can also not access any other modules (imp, kronolith etc) they appear on
the menu but when they are clicked the system hangs for a few minutes and then
says done, leaving a blank page where the module should have appeared.

If I then go back (as admin) and remove the group staff from the whups
permissions, all users work as expected again, however no-one can see whups
even the users I want to be able to (because the group staff has no access).

I have set logging to the highest level and there is no clue in the logs as to
what is causing this. The last line printed in the log during the hang and when
it returns the blank page is:

Dec 06 14:57:24 HORDE [debug] [imp] SQL Query by DataTree_sql::_load(): SELECT
datatree_id, datatree_name, datatree_parents, datatree_order FROM
horde_datatree WHERE group_uid = 'horde.perms' [on line 106 of
"/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/horde3/lib/Horde/DataTree/sql.php"]

Any Ideas whats happening?

Thanks,

Lee