[horde] Initial Administrative Login to new installation

Ian Sutherland iansutherland75 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 19:11:50 PST 2004

PHP: 4.3.10
Apache: 2.0.5
MySQL: 4.1.7
IMAP: UW 2004a (PAM)
Horde 2.43.2.10 2004/03/26

I've read through all the FAQ, Mailing lists and documentation.  Every
piece of documentation I can find say that the first login I won't
need a username and password...

    You can now access Horde without a password, and you will be logged in as
    an administrator. You should first configure a real authentication backend.
    Click on ``Configuration`` in the ``Administration`` menu and configure
    Horde.  Start in the ``Authentication`` tab.

The Javascript routine that checks that both username and password are
in the the textboxes doesn't allow anonymous log on.  Failing that,
what's the default administrative login.  I've already tried the mysql
user login that I created with the create_mysql.sql script.

I've read every document in the docs folder and none of them help me.

The closest I've seen to help is a post by Jan saying there's no admin
user in 2...

If that's true, then how does one administer the system?

--
Regards,
Ian Sutherland