[horde] Horde RC3 - authentication problems

Darren Martz darren at shelbrook.com
Tue Dec 21 15:07:26 PST 2004

I tried changing the cookie setting, but that didn't work. I've tried using
Safari and Camino (FireFox for OSX) and both have the same results.

> Sounds like you perhaps have cookie issues, but otherwise there isn't
> much to go
> on here.

I'm not sure what extra information would help.

The following is basically my IMP conf.php file.

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'mydomain.tld',
    'server' => 'localhost',
    'hordeauth' => true,
    'protocol' => 'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert',
    'port' => 993,
    'folders' => '',
    'namespace' => 'INBOX.',
    'maildomain' => '',
    'smtphost' => 'localhost',
    'smtpport' => 25,
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => '',
    'dotfiles' => false
);

The following is the primary bits of my HORDE conf.php file.

$conf['server']['name'] = $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'];
$conf['server']['port'] = $_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'];
$conf['compress_pages'] = true;
$conf['umask'] = 077;
$conf['session']['name'] = 'Horde';
$conf['session']['cache_limiter'] = 'nocache';
$conf['session']['timeout'] = 0;
$conf['cookie']['domain'] = $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'];
$conf['cookie']['path'] = '/webmail';
$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('user1 at mydomain.tld');
$conf['auth']['checkip'] = false;
$conf['auth']['params']['app'] = 'imp';
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'application';

Horde is installed on something like http://test.mydomain.tld/webmail at the
moment.

Note the domain prefix is not the typical "www". When I change the
$conf['server']['name'] value to 'test.domain.tld' the web browser is
incorrectly redirected to http://wwwtest.domain.tld.

So perhaps your right about the cookie problem, and perhaps its related to
the host name being parsed incorrectly. Then again, I'm assuming I entered
the correct data format for that variable.

So when authentication is handled by the IMP module, non-administrator users
can login but can ONLY access the File-Manager module. That module is
currently configured to use mysql.

What additional information could I provide to help track this down?

Cheers,
Darren