Fwd: Re: [horde] Upgrade instructions

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Dec 23 16:33:26 PST 2004

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von subscribed-lists at sterndata.com -----
     Datum: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:26:08 -0600
       Von: Steven Stern <subscribed-lists at sterndata.com>
Antwort an: Steven Stern <subscribed-lists at sterndata.com>
   Betreff: Re: [horde] Upgrade instructions
        An: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 23:03:03 +0100, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:

>Zitat von Steven Stern <subscribed-lists at sterndata.com>:
>
>> I'm planning on moving from the release versions to RC3 this weekend, but
the
>> upgrade instructions seem a bit skimpy.  Should I move horde to
horde.old,
>> update the SQL tables and install into a fresh 'horde', or is there a way
>> upgrade in place?  What's the best way?
>
>You need a fresh install. You can only migrate the *data*, not the Horde
>code.

I've created fresh Horde installation and am starting out.  The database is
updated.  According to docs/INSTALL, I should see an authentication tab when
login as administrator. I don't. I see  Home, Setup, Users, Groups,
Permissions, DataTree, PHP Shell, SQL Shell, and CLI.  If I click Setup, I
see

Horde (horde) 		No version found in your configuration. Regenerate
configuration

Clicking Horde brings

Notice: Undefined index: log in /var/www/html/horde/lib/Horde.php on line 51
A fatal error has occurred
You need the domxml PHP extension to use the configuration tool.

[line 25 of /var/www/html/horde/admin/setup/config.php]

Where do I go from here?
--
  Steve

Jan.