[horde] Permissions Problem?

Martin Ziegler mz at newyorkcity.de
Fri Dec 24 05:57:59 PST 2004

>> Dropped old database and installed everything that was RC3 fresh
>> leaving out any modules that werent. (gollem, mimp and whups).
>>
>> I still have the same problem although I understand a bit more of whats
>> happening.  If I set the auth driver to something other than imp there
are no
>> problems and everythink works as expeted.  As soon as I set it back to
imp a
>> user not in the group staff has the same problems again (hanging when
>> choosing a module from the menu).
>>
>> This seems like a similar bug to http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=302
>> although this was marked as bogus.
>
> Right, because no developer could replicate it.
>
> Can anyone replicate what Lee's describing here?

Yep, i can. Just installed the final releases, added two user groups (admin
and users), added users to the user group any myself to the admin group.
Now i want to deny access to chora vor the group users. Changed the
permissions for chora so that the group admin has all rights and the group
users no rights. When i'm now loggin in with a username which is not member
of the admin group, the login will succeed but after that i'm no longer
able to do anything. Doesn't matter if i want to start an application or
going to the options menu. The screen will freeze and the web server
process will raise the CPU load to nearly 100 percent. The only chance is
to start/stop the web server.

If i delete all permissions after restarting the web server and logging in
via the admin account averything works fine again also for all users.

If i enable debug logging everything looks normal during the login process.
At the time when the problem starts the logfile will show:

---
Dec 24 14:18:00 HORDE3 [debug] [] SQL Query by DataTree_sql::_load():
SELECT datatree_id, datatree_name, datatree_parents,
datatree_order FROM horde_datatree WHERE group_uid = 'horde.perms' [on line
107 of "/sys/httpd/htdocs/newyorkcity/admin/hor
de-3.0/lib/Horde/DataTree/sql.php"]
---

This message will occur up to 50 times in a second. So it looks like
there's a problem related to the DB ?

Any ideas ?

Cheers

  Martin