[horde] RELENG 3

Barsalou barjunk at attglobal.net
Mon Dec 27 11:23:46 PST 2004

>From the previous message:

>> While working on the installation script, it seemed that finding them in
>> one place was a good thing.

>Okay, but then you're automating the install of completely unstable untested
>code. Why?

I had to start somewhere, and I was currently using HEAD.  Besides, the old
version seemed significantly different that it made more sense to work with
what was going to be the new version.

It didn't seem like a mistake at the time.

>> However, if the final releases are going to be separated out in each of
>> their individual directories...then I will work with that.

>Of course, The existing RELENG snapshots are still snapshots - they're just of
>different branch. They're not tested, they're not guaranteed to parse, etc.

I didn' realize the they weren't the "release" version.  So what does the RELENG
branch represent then?

>> When I go to http://ftp.horde.org/pub/  I can find the application
>> tarballs, but don't see framework.  Is it being tarred up with horde?

>Yup.

Is it still called framework? ( I don't see it in the horde-3.0 tarball ) Do I
still need to run the install_packages script?

What other differences are there from the way HEAD was working before it was
released?

Thanks for educating me.

Mike B.