[horde] Using SMB to Authenticate to Horde

Dustin Mitchell dustin at ywlcs.org
Thu Jan 6 16:16:03 PST 2005

Make sure to send your replies to the list, please.  Responses
interspersed below.

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 11:30:33PM +0000, sani at loyolajesuit.org wrote:
> Hello,
> Thanks for that information. I have attempted to do this, but do know
> know what
> to input in most of the required options:
>
> The hostname of the LDAP server: [ip address of my domain Controller]

well, better a host name than an IP, e.g., main-server.acme.com

> The base DN for the LDAP server: ??

if your domain is your.domain.com, this would be
dc=acme,dc=com; it's the place that Horde should start
searching for user objects in the active directory.

> The DN used to bind to the LDAP server:	??
> The password used to bind to the LDAP server: ??

These need to be the full path to a user object, and its corresponding
password.  Horde uses these to log in and look up the user objects.
Sometimes username at your.domain.com works, but you may also have to do
something like "dn=username,ou=System Users,ou=Users,dc=acme,dc=com"
where the 'username' user is located in the 'System Users' OU in the
'Users' ou (see Active Directory Users and Groups).

> LDAP Protocol Version: ldapv3

yep

> The username search key: ??

sAMAccountName

> How to specify a filter for the user lists: ??

"One or more objectclass filters"

> The objectlcass filter used to search for users:

user

> Assuming I have a domain DNS name acme.com and my Domain Controller
> hostname is
> main-server.acme.com, what may enter int fields marked '??'

See above; it's probably helpful to get yourself an LDAP browser and use
it to login to your server, so you can see what the AD LDAP directory
really looks like.

Dustin

--
# Dustin J. Mitchell