[horde] Turba without LDAP

Edwin L. Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Fri Jan 7 08:44:22 PST 2005

Quoting spayne at sebpayne.com:

> I don't know if I asked this or not :-0, but it has been on my mind.
> Can I run
> Turba WITHOUT LDAP and only with MySQL. If so, what changes do I need to make
> to get it to work. When I put it the SQL settings and nothing for LDAP, it
> hangs for a long time when I open the Address Book and eventually
> says 'Can not
> connect'.

I assume that you have created the turba_objects table
    $ mysql --user=root --password=<MySQL-root-password> <db name> \
      < turba_objects.mysql.sql
Made the changes in
    horde/turba/config/sources.php
and have commented out all the unused configurations, just for good measure.
    You have given horde the correct MySQL database name, login and password.
    You have checked that mysql is running.  You might even want to dump the
    turba_objects table as a test, just to be sure.

That is about all that I can think of.  It should work.

good luck,

ed