[horde] Re: [imp] IMP 4.0 and mime types

Dustin Mitchell dustin at ywlcs.org
Mon Jan 10 07:35:10 PST 2005

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 03:35:06PM +0100, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Michael Keightley <Michael.Keightley at quadstone.com>:
>

> >How do I get IMP 4 to open MS Office attachments using the browsers
> >standard
> >mime types (i.e. MS Office on Windows, OO on Linux)?
> >If I click on the attachment it displays using wvHtml or whatever.
> >To open in
> >Word I need to save the attachment first.
>
> IMP uses whatever mime type is specified in the mail. If you want to open
> the attachments, click on the download icon and then on "open" instead of
> "save" in the browser dialog.

The point was that Horde doesn't check whether wvHtml is installed
before displaying the link for the attachment.

This is probably a good thing to add to the Horde INSTALL notes (as a
"hey, watch out"), or possibly disable by default.  I'll be glad to
submit a patch to bugs.horde.org if so directed.

Dustin

--
# Dustin J. Mitchell
# dustin at ywlcs.org/djmitche at alumni.uchicago.edu