[horde] Help with Horde setup/installation/configuration

H. Scott Brown hs.brown at smius.com
Wed Jan 12 16:53:55 PST 2005

Hi, List,

I have Horde up and running fine, but I am having issues with being able to
do a thing or two.

This is running with Apache 2, PHP 4.3.10, Horde 3, Solaris 9 (SPARC), and
all options have been added, with the exception of the PECL module fileinfo,
which is the result of Pear issues.

When I generate configuration, I get an error that horde was unable to
backup and save the new configuration; looks like a permissions issue, but
if anyone has any ideas.

The eventual goal is to run IMP and a few other apps with Horde, but IMP 4
being the first and foremost important. I am using Cyrus IMAP 2.2.9
(installed and the daemon is running).

How do I set this all up? I can't find clear docs (I know you guys are
trying) on exactly how to get this all to dance together. If I set it up
(horde) to use the IMAP authentication as in the install.html, Horde bombs
(I am not sending errors to the browser from PHP, might need to turn this
back on). Has anyone set up a similar installation? Maybe some
tips/pointers?

Thank You,

--H. Scott Brown

**************************************