[horde] Problems setting up desired authentication mechanisms

mbydalek at mobilemini.com mbydalek at mobilemini.com
Fri Jan 14 14:14:01 PST 2005

Scott:

I'm not sure about SASL, but getting IMP to authenticate is actually pretty
easy.  The first thing you want to do is make sure you have
imp/config/servers.php setup correct with just your single mail server.
Then, in the Horde application setup, under the Authentication tab, select
"Let a Horde application handle authentication" and choose IMP.

Now, whatever username/password you use is sent to your server via. IMAP.
Be sure to check realms if you want to just use "username" opposed to
"user at domain.com"

-Mike