[horde] Re: 3.0.2.install: empty frames?

Ken Lowther klowther at cisnet.com
Sat Jan 22 23:20:57 PST 2005

Charles Bailey wrote:

> --On January 21, 2005 9:28:53 PM -0500 Ken Lowther
> <klowther at cisnet.com> wrote:
>
>> Charles Bailey wrote:
>>
>>> Does this ring any bells?  All advice appreciated.
>>>

>> If I try to use any session method other than the default php, I get a
>> blank page.
>

> I think I'm using the default; at the least, I haven't set anything
> manually, and php's creating session files where I'd expect them to
> be. Would 3.0.2 use a different method out of the box?

Is that /tmp?  I use Mandrake and had to change the permissions on the
tmp directory to get them to even write.  As a quick and dirty test  you
could do a chmod 777 and see if that makes a difference.  When I try to
switch to database sessions, I actually can get the session field
populated but still get a blank page.

> Since the session counter in Horde's test.php increments, I've assumed
> (perhaps incorrectly) that session basics are OK.  Where would I look
> to see what Horde's trying to do with session info?

I've already told you as much as I know.  Maybe even more. ;-)  Do you
have pear and php set to log at debug levels?

Ken