[horde] Horde/IMP with Turck MMCache

Daniel Eckl daniel.eckl at gmx.de
Sun Jan 23 07:51:05 PST 2005

Well, while this will work around the problem, this will have performance
losses if a script is bigger than the free shared memory space configured in
mmcache. In this case, the script will not be cached at all.

If you know your application and it's size and have enough RAM, you can give
mmcache enough RAM to cache all scripts.

If not or just to be sure I suggest to keep shm_only=0 and make a change to
the start stop scripts of apache so that it deletes the mmcache directory on
every start and reload. This will make the problem disappear and if mmcache
shm size is smaller than the to-be-cached script, it will be cached on disk
quite fine.

Best,
Daniel