[horde] Creating users with horde

Cristian Livadaru drac3+ho at vampirenet.ro
Tue Jan 25 03:08:27 PST 2005

>> I searched the mailinglist before posting but alas I didn't find anything.
>> Could anybody give me a hint what to search for, or a link to the thread ?
>> I didn't mean to create systemusers thrugh cyrus, in deed a bit
>> confusing what I
>> wrote. I mean the mailbox for the new user is being created, but how
>> can I set
>> the sasl password for the user ?
>
> This is what I meant. You can't do this through the IMAP server, you still
> need to create user credentials in the backend that you use to authenticate
> at the Cyrus server.

Ok then I will try to modify my password change script that I used for
passwd in
horde2, any hints where I could implement this ? and how do I get the password
that has been entered when creating the user ?
Well I will just take a look at the sources and try to find out my
self, and as
soon as I have something I will post it to the list.

>> and why don't I see all mailboxes when I list the users ?
>
> No idea.

hmm... this is strange. where does cyrus get the users from ? cyradm ?
the funy thing is that the user that cyrus shows me, actualy has no cyrus
mailbox so I don't know where horde looks for the users.

Cris