[horde] MySQL Auth problem...

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Jan 30 08:36:15 PST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 01:43 -0500, Andrew Coutermarsh wrote:
> Okay, this has been driving me crazy for a majority of the day, so I'm
> coming to you guys for help.
>
> I'm running Mandrake 10.1 Community, with PHP 4.3.8 on Apache2.0.50.
> I used urpmi to install horde and IMP, which are 2.2.7 and 3.2.5,
> respectively.
>
> I downloaded the SQL install scripts from the CVS tree so I could
> easily create the horde_users and other tables, and I created the test
> admin user with a default md5 password in horde.horde_users, just like
> I was supposed to.
----
the scripts for creating the sql database & tables are installed with
each module and located within a 'scripts' folder for each.

my guess would be that the scripts that you downloaded from cvs are for
HEAD and would be different than for the 'stable' version of horde/imp
you are using.

at any rate - you should be able to connect to your mysql db from
command line to test...

mysql horde -u horde -p

if you can't do that, how can you make it work in horde? Once you can do
that, setting up horde/imp etc. to connect to should be obvious.

Craig