[horde] _username_hook_frombackend not used by Horde, only by IMP

Edwin L. Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Sat Feb 5 11:20:12 PST 2005

> Zitat von Oscar Retana <oscar at gridshield.net>:
>
>> Hallo Jan.
>>
>> I use '_username_hook_frombackend' for modifying the username (add
>> virtual domain part). But,
>> according to what you say, I should use the
>> '_horde_hook_preauthenticate' to change the username used by Horde
>> authentication.
>>
>> The problem is that, according to the example included in hooks.php, the
>> return value for is function seems to be a boolean value. If I return
>> the modifyed username (as in '_username_hook_frombackend') will that
>> value be used at all?
>
> True. Forget what I said.

I was lurking and waiting for Jan's answer.  I went through this sometime back
and the only or quickest solution I found was to modify
framework/Auth/Auth.php
just above the _horde_hook_preauthenticate.  One line patch attached to keep
formating.  Obviously this is not the correct solution but I'm not sure that
yet another hook is either.  This has worked fine for me, AFAIK ;)

ed