[horde] mysql interactive_timeout

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Mon Feb 7 14:42:12 PST 2005

We've tuned our wait_timeout down on our mysql servers to try and kill
connections that aren't being used.  We're running into stuff like this in our
error logs, tho:

Feb 07 17:33:23 HORDE [emergency] [imp] Could not connect to table 'horde' for
SQL SessionHandler. [on line  of ""]

after adding some debugging stuff, I see that it's due to a mysql error type
2013 ("Lost connection to MySQL server during query").

I've done some poking around, and have found that it may be better to use the
interactive_timeout setting than the wait_timeout setting.  That it may be
somehow friendlier and not kill connections midquery.

Does anyone have experience with this (and using it with horde)?

Liam