[horde] problem after problem installing

Steve Mueller - Marathon Technical Services, LLC. smueller at marathontechservices.com
Fri Feb 11 13:32:29 PST 2005

Hi all - I'm new to Horde but certainly not to this type of product, Linux,
PHP, MySQL etc. and I'd have to say that this is by far the most difficult
installation of a product I have ever experienced - and I haven't even
successfully done so yet!!!.  That being said, at this point, I'm bound and
determined to get this installed.  I'm still working on installing the Horde
framework.  I have several virtual hosts setup on this particular box and
I've dug enough to determine where to change the 'webroot' values to
accommodate (at least in theory) installing Horde somewhere other than in a
horde subdirectory of the default web root directory.  Sooooo . I changed
the webroot values in the register.php config file and now I get to a page
that looks something like this http://horde.mtoowners.com
<http://horde.mtoowners.com/> .  It appears that there is still something
going on with the directories - as I note that the Image Properties of the
links are something like - http://themes/graphics/administration.png -
without the domain prefix.  Ugh!!

Here is a snippet from my register.php just in case I've missed something:

if (isset($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'])) {

    $webroot = strstr(dirname(__FILE__), '/' . array_shift(preg_split(';/;',
$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], 2, PREG_SPLIT_NO_EMPTY)));

    if ($webroot !== false) {

        $webroot = preg_replace(';/config$;', '', $webroot);

    } else {

        $webroot = '/horde';

    }

} else {

    $webroot = '/horde';

}

$this->applications['horde'] = array(

    'fileroot' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/..',

   // 'webroot' => $webroot,

    'webroot' => '/',

    'initial_page' => 'login.php',

    'name' => _("Horde"),

    'status' => 'active',

    'templates' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/../templates',

    'provides' => 'horde'

);

This is ridiculous.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  If I do end up
finding Horde to be useful and something I will be using long term I would
volunteer some hardware/hosting/whatever other resources are necessary to
beef up the organization of the Horde support/development community.  Just
finding support for this app is extremely difficult (maybe by design?).
First things first - if anyone could help me get this installed I would
greatly appreciated it.

Regards,

Steve Mueller