[horde] Re: Administrator can't log in

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Feb 11 16:45:18 PST 2005

Quoting pascal at linuxorable.net:

> Your solution works... but then I get this message at the top of the
> login page:
> Notice: Undefined index: realm in
> /usr/local/www/horde/imp/templates/login/login.inc on line 11

That would be the difference between setting it to '' and just deleting
the whole thing, yes.

> A litle thing:
>
> Wath is exactly "realm" ?

RTFM:

* realm: ONLY USE REALM IF YOU ARE USING IMP FOR HORDE AUTHENTICATION,
*        AND YOU HAVE MULTIPLE SERVERS AND USERNAMES OVERLAP BETWEEN
*        THOSE SERVERS. If you only have one server, or have multiple
*        servers with no username clashes, or have full user at example.com
*        usernames, you DO NOT need a realm setting. If you set one, an
*        '@' symbol plus the realm will be appended to the username that
*        users log in to IMP with to create the username that Horde treats
*        the user as. So with a realm of 'example.com', the username
*        'jane' would be treated by Horde (NOT your IMAP server) as
*        'jane at example.com', and the username 'jane at example.com' would be
*        treated as 'jane at example.com@example.com' - an occasion where you
*        probably don't need a realm setting.

-chuck

Quincy Adams