[horde] Re: horde 3.0.2 save preferences

nizar nizar at srcget.com
Sun Feb 13 14:05:40 PST 2005

--=-wfUpK7MYhdFSMRBbwzqg

Dear all,

pear upgrade DB
Solved the problem, I can save preferences.

Now I just need to make horde 3.0.3 read the old preferences.

To make horde 3.0.2/3 read the turba_objects(bookmarks) table I had to
update the table and replace every user at mydomain.dom in the owner_id
column to user.

I'm still not finding what to change in the horde_prefs(I guess) table
to make it readable by 3.0.3.

Hope to get some help, TIA.
=20

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 07:41 +0200, nizar wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 05:43 +0100, pascal at linuxorable.net wrote:
> > Quoting nizar <nizar at srcget.com>:
> >=20
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > I recently upgraded horde 2.2.3 to 3.0.2 with imp, turba, kronolith,
> > > mnemo and nag, all from the latest stable release.
> > >
> > > I  configured horde to save preferences to mysql,
> > > in /<WEBROOT>/horde/config/conf.php I have
> > > $conf['sql']['protocol'] =3D 'unix';
> > > $conf['sql']['hostspec'] =3D 'localhost';
> > > $conf['sql']['username'] =3D 'horde';
> > > $conf['sql']['password'] =3D '***';  //mysql password here
> > > $conf['prefs']['driver'] =3D 'sql';
> > >
> > > But it still doesn't save any changes I do neither in imp nor in hord=
e.
> > > Also horde doesn't recognize the old preferences like identities, num=
ber
> > > of to display message per page etc...
> > >
> > > I can add new contacts to address books(turba) and the mysql server i=
> > > working with any problem.
> > >
> > > I searched this mailing list and imp mailing list but most people wit=
> > > the same problem had only to change the
> > > $conf['prefs']['driver'] =3D 'sql';
> >=20
> > Hi,
> >=20
> > I don't know why, but if I select "Custom parameters" in "Preference sy=
stem"
> > label I get the same problem than you.
> > So I have to choose "SQL Database" and "Horde defaults" in order all=20
> > works fine.
> >=20
> > Pascal -- FRANCE
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
>=20
> Hi Pascal,
>=20
> I'm now on SQL Database, Horde Defaults. I also tried the Custom
> parameters and horde still behaves the same.
>=20
>=20
--=20
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples
then you and I will still each have one apple.
But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas,
then each of us will have two ideas. George Bernard Shaw.

I saw a subliminal advertising executive, but only for a second.
                -- Steven Wright

110 105 122 97 114 32 97 98 101 100
gnupg public key: http://www.srcget.com/pubgnupg.gpg
nizar at srcget.com