[horde] Feature suggestion...

Derek Harkness dharknes at umd.umich.edu
Fri Feb 18 09:23:32 PST 2005

--Apple-Mail-5--556289470

I've been testing Horde 3.x with Imp, Kronolith, Nag, Nmemo, and Jonah
for about 3 months now and my test users have been requesting one
feature more then any other.

Pop up messages with audio bells.  They want pop ups for new mail and
pop alarms for events and todos.  Now the kicker here is they want the
pop-ups regardless of which app is selected.  They want new mail
pop-ups while looking at their calendar.  They want calendar alarms
while looking at the portal page.

So would it be possible or even a good idea to add a general
notification framework to horde, allowing horde apps to register events
to be sent to the user?  The notification events could even be
concatenated into one pop-up.

"15 Minute until your meeting and you have 1 new message"

Just a thought maybe something for Horde 4.x.  Other then that my users
have found Imp 4.x to be a VERY nice upgrade.  Lots of great features
and I have to say the whole Horde environment is much nicer and more
refined.

Great job!!!
Derek

"They that can give up liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety"
-- Ben Franklin

--Apple-Mail-5--556289470

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...