[horde] file launching

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Feb 25 12:48:04 PST 2005

can't seem to use wicked to launch a file on the local network from a
workstation - thought I could work a method out - haven't been able to
do so.

In a 'public' mail folder, I can embed a link in an html mail which
contains a file reference and launch it with a two step process on the
workstation.

Recognizing that html isn't entirely an ideal method of delivering file
handling/launchers but definitely on the lookout for a method that a
less than totally skilled 'Supervisor' could maintain and easy enough
for users to access and click on a file to open (like a Word document, a
PDF file, etc.)

Perhaps horde ultimately isn't the right framework for this - but does
anyone have ideas?

Craig