[horde] Re: removing system users

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Feb 28 20:07:28 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 18:35 +0100, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>:

> >> Lost you.
> >>
> > ---
> > OK sorry
> >
> > I have a methodology to delete system users...
> >
> > removes their home directories, deletes their LDAP address books,
> > deletes their mailbox, sql db's etc.
> >
> > I could perhaps pipe a command...
> >
> > php /var/www/horde/lib/MADE_UP_COMMAND 'CLEAR_USER' 'NAME_OF_USER'
> >
> > to have horde clear this user out
>
> So, you want a CLI script that clears the user data from Horde? You
> could easily write one, but that still doesn't solve the problem that
> not all backends and applications have implemented the necessary API
> methods yet.
----
I pretty much have that written now - I just thought that it would be
better if it were handled by horde framework...I also have a script
written to change shared objects ownership from one user to another. Of
course these are simply mysql implementations and would have to be
modified for other backends.

As for the backends and implementations not being fully implemented, it
appears that 'turba' is one of those as it is burping on my 'default
user' stuff which is getting very near the completion of what I would
call almost completed - first phase - which I think many will like.

Craig