[horde] Re: How to enforce password change on first login...

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Thu Mar 10 07:35:04 PST 2005

Michael M Slusarz wrote:

>Quoting Victor Guilherme Hogemann <hogemann at rio.rj.gov.br>:
>

>>Greetings,
>>
>>First of all, let me tell you how I think that Horde is an amazing
>>product! It
>>is by far the best OpenSource groupware in the parade!! It just rocks...
>>
>>I was able to get the latest Horde, Imp, Kronolith and Turba
>>up-and-runnig in a
>>matter of hours. My last experiences, with OpenXchange and SquirrelMail, were
>>very frustating. But with Horde its only fun all the time ;-)
>>
>>Well, that's my congratulations... now let's the complains start!
>>
>>I'd like to now if there is some way to force users change their
>>passwords upon
>>the first login. I need this because we create the accounts with an custom
>>application, and the password must be changed by the account user before the
>>first use.
>>
>>I'm pretty sure that there is no obvious configuration to make it
>>happen, so I
>>gess I'll have to code some hack to do it. Can you help me on this? Where
>>should I look for help, examples, spiritual advice?
>>

>Look at the Maintenance class in Horde.  You can write a maintenance
>module that would prompt for a new password on a user's first login to
>Horde.

Actually, more directly, I added the ability to have logins expire.
Only the SQL auth driver supports it at the moment, but any auth driver
can be extended to do the same thing.  You can have your custom
application set the soft expiration date to one second ago, and the user
will be prompted to change his or her password whenever he or she logs in.

--
 Jason M. Felice
 Cronosys, LLC <http://www.cronosys.com/>