[horde] Re: RE horde problem

samer khalil samerk1 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 23:45:56 PST 2005

Thanks for the quick reply. Will make sure discussions stay on the list.

>Depending on the PHP and PEAR DB versions you have, you might need to
>specify the 'database' parameter instead.

Do you mean by this the $conf['sql']['database'] ? and would this include
the name of the database (Oracle SID) or the tnsnames entry?
I am not using Oracle 10G, its 9i (9.2.0.4).
Here are the settings from the conf.php file:( I have placed the tnsnames
entry in database parameter and left out the hostspec parameter.

$conf['sql']['phptype'] = 'oci8';
$conf['sql']['persistent'] = true;
$conf['sql']['port'] = 1521;
$conf['sql']['protocol'] = 'tcp';
$conf['sql']['hostspec'] = '';
$conf['sql']['username'] = 'horde';
$conf['sql']['password'] = 'password';
$conf['sql']['database'] = 'europa';
$conf['sql']['charset'] = 'iso-8859-1';

It's still not working. It's not locating the Oracle server anymore.as
if it is not reading from tnsnames.ora
Also, what is the role of the horde.php file since it appears to hold
configuration info for database connection as well.

Current versions(Horde-3.0.3., imp-h3-4.0.2,apache_1.3.33, php-4.3.10
--with-oracle)
Oracle ENV variables are all set correctly.

regards

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:41:49 +0100, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:
> Please keep discussions on the list.
>
> Zitat von George Salloum <georges at aub.edu.lb>:
>

> > Hi Jan
> > Thanks for replying back with respect to my error on Horde and Oracle 9i.
> > I don't know If you can help me but I have been able to isolate the error
> > down to the conf.php more specifically with the setting:
> > $conf['sql']['hostspec'] = '193.188.129.15';
>
> Depending on the PHP and PEAR DB versions you have, you might need to
> specify the 'database' parameter instead.
>
> > I have tried all combinations. Logic says I should have the tnsnames entry
> > in here. yet whatever I add, I get it back in the listener.log file on my
>
> Exactly. But if you built PHP with the 10g client libraries or instant
> client, you can specify an Easy Connect parameter there.
>
> > Oracle server as being used as the service name, you will also note that the
> > SID values contains an asterisk instead of having the database sid in it.
> > 18-MAR-2005 17:09:12 *
> > (CONNECT_DATA=(SID=*)(SERVICE_NAME=193.188.129.15)(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=nemo.
> > aub.edu.lb)(USER=www))) *
> > (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=193.188.129.122)(PORT=37603)) * establish *
> > 193.188.129.15 * 12514
> > When I connect (successfully) using sqlplus I get
> > 18-MAR-2005 16:26:31 *
> > (connect_data=(SERVICE_NAME=FPSTEST)(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=nemo.aub.edu.lb)(US
> > ER=root))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=193.188.129.122)(PORT=37574)) *
> > establish * FPSTEST * 0
> > I would greatly appreciate if you could just point me in the direction to
> > look.
>
> Jan.

> http://horde.org/consulting/

Samer Khalil