[horde] Re: RE horde problem

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Mar 21 01:21:48 PST 2005

Zitat von samer khalil <samerk1 at gmail.com>:

>> Depending on the PHP and PEAR DB versions you have, you might need to
>> specify the 'database' parameter instead.
>
> Do you mean by this the $conf['sql']['database'] ? and would this include
> the name of the database (Oracle SID) or the tnsnames entry?
> I am not using Oracle 10G, its 9i (9.2.0.4).
> Here are the settings from the conf.php file:( I have placed the tnsnames
> entry in database parameter and left out the hostspec parameter.
>
> $conf['sql']['phptype'] = 'oci8';
> $conf['sql']['persistent'] = true;
> $conf['sql']['port'] = 1521;
> $conf['sql']['protocol'] = 'tcp';
> $conf['sql']['hostspec'] = '';
> $conf['sql']['username'] = 'horde';
> $conf['sql']['password'] = 'password';
> $conf['sql']['database'] = 'europa';
> $conf['sql']['charset'] = 'iso-8859-1';
>
> It's still not working. It's not locating the Oracle server anymore.as
> if it is not reading from tnsnames.ora

DB's oic8 driver only uses the "username", "password", optionally "charset",
and "hostspec" OR "database" parameters. Which of the latter two it uses
depends on the PHP version you have. I know, this completely mad, but out
of Horde's scope.

That means that you define the connection parameters in "hostspec" or
"database". To be sure to use the correct one, simply set both to the same
value.

If you compiled PHP with recent enough Oracle client libraries (this has
nothing to do with the server version you use), you can use the Easy
Connect syntax. e.g. "//hostname:port/database". See the Oracle
documentation on the Easy Connect syntax.

If your client libraries can't handle this sytax, you need to define the
connection parameters in tnsnames.ora as usual, and put the uses service
name in the "hostspec" and "database" parameters.

> Also, what is the role of the horde.php file since it appears to hold
> configuration info for database connection as well.

This a configuration file that you left over from an old Horde version.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/