[horde] Re: CVS problem help!

LALOT Dominique lalot at univ-aix.fr
Thu Mar 24 00:31:36 PST 2005

Chuck Hagenbuch a écrit :

>Quoting LALOT Dominique <lalot at univ-aix.fr>:
>

>>I don't know what to do about my cvs problem:
>>If somebody has any idea:
>>get the tar.gz horde-3.0.4-rc1.tar.gz
>>tar -xvzf horde-3.0.4-rc1.tar.gz
>>extract and rename horde
>>mv horde-3.0.4-rc1.tar.gz horde
>>then cvs co -r HEAD horde -> a lot of move away messages
>>cvs checkout: Updating horde
>>cvs checkout: move away `horde/COPYING'; it is in the way
>>

>This makes no sense at all. If you want a tarball, get a tarball. If
>you want a CVS checkout, check the code out from CVS. Don't do both.
>And this has *nothing* to do with Horde. Read up on CVS.
>
>-chuck

For me it's non sense, but when I complained first, I said should I get
a tarball then cvs, Jan told me: "read the docs".

When I just do cvs co -r HEAD horde, I don't get all the code. That's
why I play with tarball

Just after the cvs co -r head horde:
ls horde/lib
api.php  base.php  Block  core.php  CVS  prefs.php  Test.php  version.php

find lib -type f | wc -l
     24
etumel:/var/www/HORDECVS/horde-3.0.4-rc1# find lib -type f | wc -l
    372

That's not the whole branch.
So, should I do (and it's not written. If it's true just add it in the doc)
cvs co horde
and then cvs co -r HEAD horde

What have I missed?
And imp looks OK doing the same not horde.. I upgraded cvs on my debian
without success (just as I have no idea of the problem)

Dom

--
Dominique LALOT
Ingénieur Système Réseau CISCAM Pole Réseau