[horde] Re: [IMP] with imap-proxy perdition

secmgr security at jim-liesl.org
Wed Mar 30 13:26:18 PST 2005

José Carlos do Nascimento wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've installed horde3 with imp4  and  Perdition imap proxy.
>Will I obtain performance with it ? Or I need other kind of imap-proxy
>,  like ImapProxy ?
>
>Thanks
>Jose Carlos

http://deb.riseup.net/mail/perdition/ is a good comparison.
up-imapproxy is most likely what you want.  That being said, after
installing it, I didn't see much of a speed up (in a small site).  A
higher traffic site would probably benefit from offloading the auth
requests (if you're using imap auth) and less wear and tear on the imapd
in general.  Currently, I think it's the php scripts/interpeter that's
slowing  response.  There are supposed to be php accelerators out there,
but I haven't tried them yet.