[horde] Best way of Hiding preference groups

Edward Rudd erudd at netfor.com
Wed Apr 6 09:59:09 PDT 2005

I'm going through and setting up Horde 3 and am needing to lock several
preferences and preference groups.  What is the BEST way to accomplish
this?

Should I just place locked=>true on all the preferences? or comment
out the preference block (I'm thinking that's probably BAD as the prefs
would then not be available).

Some preferences, like the "Personal Information" section with the users
identities I don't want them to edit that at all, but have that
information fetched from the LDAP.  I have the two prefs hooks working for
fetching the full name and e-mail, but I want to hide the entire personal
information tab, but several prefs in that section are commented with "do
not change anything".

>From looking at the horde prefs code it seems the prefs hooks are only run
when the preference is locked AND 'hook' is set to true. Shouldn't the
option of having it unlocked and a have a hook run if it's empty so that
nice defaults can be set which the user can later override? (for example
the identity section)