[horde] Fatal Error -> DB Error: Connect Failed

Kevin Davison kevin at lunatography.com
Tue Apr 12 20:06:20 PDT 2005

I know this is a generic DB connection message, but it happens as soon
as I choose mysql for the Datatree option.  All I get when going to
horde now is the error message.  I have the data base and it's fine, but
horde isn't connecting to it for some reason.  Do I need to edit the
file /var/www/html/horde/lib/Horde/DataTree/sql.php ?  I noticed on the
first lines of that file there is:

<?php
/**
 * The DataTree_sql:: class provides an SQL implementation of the
 * Horde DataTree system.
 *
 * Required values for $params:
 *      'phptype'        The database type (ie. 'pgsql', 'mysql, etc.).
 *      'hostspec'       The hostname of the database server.
 *      'protocol'       The communication protocol ('tcp', 'unix',
etc.).
 *      'username'       The username with which to connect to the
database.
 *      'password'       The password associated with 'username'.
 *      'database'       The name of the database.
 *      'charset'        The charset used by the database.
 *
 * Optional values:
 *      'table'          The name of the data table in 'database'.
 *                       Defaults to 'horde_datatree'.
 *
 * The table structure for the DataTree system is in
 * horde/scripts/db/datatree.sql.

Do I need to uncomment and fill this out?