[horde] Re: Email headers

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Wed Apr 13 04:56:28 PDT 2005

Quoting Angelo Ayres Camargo <cron at odi.com.br>:

> Whem sending email with imp i notice the email headers: Received:
> CLIENT INTERNAL IP, this is not good becouse it is sent from a
> dynamic ip it is tag as spam. Any ideas how to fix it?

Have your MTA not generate those headers.  If you're using Postfix (which it
appears you may be but I don't know if your Horde install uses the same MTA as
your Outlook), enable header_checks, and create regexes that will ignore the
internal message Received: CLIENT INTERNAL IP.  You want to use the IGNORE
option, after the pattern in the header_checks table, which will silently
discard the header.

Example:

would discard any headers that contain something with CLIENT INTERNAL
IP- expand
that idea to your setup if you're using Postfix.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator