[horde] Re: Horde Questions

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Apr 15 00:18:25 PDT 2005

Zitat von Jennifer Erschen <jerschen at daily-journal.com>:

> ---- Webmail seems to be running extremely slow to people outside our
> network.  In house we are having no trouble getting access.  We have
> Horde set up on a different server than our mail.  Is this a possible
> cause of it being slow? Do you have any suggestions on how to speed
> it up?

If this would be the reason, it would be slow for *all* users. There is
no simple answer why it is slow only from the outside, there could be a
lot of reasons, most of them even don't have anything to do with Horde.
Simple things first: What is the bandwidth of your connection *from*
the outside, and how many users at once are trying to access Horde
through that line?

> ---- We are also having trouble with people getting access that use
> multiple IP addresses.  We are getting the error message that the IP
> address has changed and that the user needs to log in again. When the
> user tries to log in again, it locks him out and will not let him in.

This check can be turned off in Horde's Setup screen.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/