[horde] Re: CSV for Webhosting Server

Mike Bydalek mbydalek at compunetconsulting.com
Tue Apr 19 13:40:03 PDT 2005

Quoting Umbroboy <me at hirtreiter.info>:

> At home i cant execute an *.php file.

What do you mean you can't?  The only thing I can think of is if you
don't have
a php binary, then php isn't installed correctly (or partially installed,
depending on your distro I guess).

> now i have put the framework into the horde directory and  excute the
> install-packages.php over my browser.

This won't work since it's a command-line script, not a web-based one.

> But i get some errors (see the attachement)

See above.

> Where can i find the new horde directory?

I have no idea what you are referncing here.  The horde directory should be in
/horde or wherever you specified it.

> And where must i put the new horde directory? in the pear directory , or?

Again, not sure what you are talking about here.  There's Horde (the
application) and then the Framework which needs to be manually
installed if you
use CVS.

I hate to say this, but perhaps CVS isn't for you based on your questions and

If you still want to give it a go, *read everything* at
http://www.horde.org/source/ first before doing anything.  Then, once you get
the Horde application checked out, *read everything* in docs/INSTALL - the
answers are there if you read rather than skip through.

-Mike