[horde] Re: CSV for Webhosting Server

Mike Bydalek mbydalek at compunetconsulting.com
Wed Apr 20 10:36:12 PDT 2005

Quoting Umbroboy <me at hirtreiter.info>:

> i have a share webhosting server....its not my own....i havent an ssh
> login....
>
> command-line script? how can i make this?

Unfortunately I don't think there's much you can do.  I'm not 100% sure, but I
think you'll need shell access for CVS since you'll obviously want to cvs
update your source every so often and not rely on snapshots (which are
not very
reliable since anything can be happening when a snapshot is taken).

For a webhosting situation, the only thing I'd recommend is using the stable
version.  Extract it on your computer, and then upload it to your
webserver. You then will have to execute the .SQL files included in
your database
(assuming you have access to one), via. a web-interface or whatever they give
you.

> php is correct installed because the stable version of horde 3.0.3 is
> running...but i need the cvs...

Is there something specific you need from CVS?  The base install you probably
don't need since it's pretty stable with the latest release.  If there's a
module you need that's hasn't been released, you can try installing a snapshot
of just that module.

In the end, I'd suggest you start with the latest Horde install, and then go
from there.

-Mike