[horde] Some user hooks questions

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Mon Apr 25 13:55:08 PDT 2005

Quoting Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>:

> that Wiki entry must be mine - of course I was unconcerned for virtual
> domains. You might wish to put your info into the Wiki for others that
> have a similar use.

Actually, it really doesn't have anything to do with virtual domains.  Go into
Administration -> Users for your site.  Edit a user.  The Fullname and From
Address will always be set to your administrator's Fullname and From Address
because the hook is written to do a lookup for $uid = Auth::getBareAuth().  It
doesn't matter what you pass to the function in $user, the value of
$uid (which
will always be _your_ userid) will get looked up.

The idea you have in the Wiki is right, its just that you can't use
Auth::getAuth and Auth::getBareAuth, if you pass a $user value to the hook
function.  I'm not sure what protocol is for editing other's Wiki's entries :)

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator