[horde] MSDE SQL Create Script

Jeff Graves jeff at image-src.com
Tue Apr 26 07:39:19 PDT 2005

Also just submitted README instructions (#1870). For those not running HEAD:

MSDE 2000 (& possibly MS SQL Server)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This applies to Windows users only!

To create user and database, use the osql command:

C:\>osql -U sa -P admin_password -S localhost -i create.msde.sql

Be sure to change the password for the horde user in the script file. To
specify a
particular instance of the SQL server use the <servername>/<instance> for
the -S flag.
If you aren't using mixed SQL authentication, then you'll need to modify the
script
to associate the horde user with a windows user account and run the script
in the
following manner as the Administrator:

C:\>osql -E -S localhost -i create.msde.sql

If you're having problems running this script on a SQL server on the
network, be sure
the server is set up to allow network access.

The script and directions may work with MS SQL Server but I don't have a
license or install so I can't test it.

Jeff Graves, MCSA
Customer Support Engineer
Image Source, Inc.