[horde] Kronolith reminders working

Jigish Gohil jigish.gohil at gmail.com
Sun May 1 05:36:39 PDT 2005

Below is my communication with Anant to get reminders started, I am
posting it here as I am not a member of kronolith list and I have
searched the archives and found many people face the simililar problem
as below.

I am sure someone would find the following useful.

Jigish
__________

Dear Anant Athavale

I have been trying to get the reminders.php to work for quite some
time now. I came across a long discussions on the issue but nothing
definitive except your mail below.

Could you please share with me step by step procedure for getting the
reminders.php working?

I have added the /usr/bin/php -q /path/to/reminders.php in my cron job
via webmin. I also have VFS set up on a postgresql server.

I am using RHEL-sendmail-dovecot-imap server and php 4.3

I am not using LDAP.

I looked for the hook mentioned below in hooks.php, but it seems its
only for LDAP.

Do let me know if you need more information.

Awaiting your reply

Regards

Jigish
_________________
Dear list members,

1. I have a setting where from_addr is locked.
2. Today, I enabled the prefs_hook_from_addr hook.

Due to this change(enabling), reminders.php has started working.

Regards,

Anant Athavale,

_________

1. The crontab entry for root is as below:

* * * * * /home/horde/kronolith/scripts/reminders.php
2.  I am using pgsql for database.  The following tables have to be created.

horde_vfs
kronolith_events
kronolith_storage

3. Are you able to send invitations?

Please reply on these aspects, and let us continue the discussion.

-Anant.

Jigish Gohil
to asa, anant_athavale
	 More options	  Apr 27 (4 days ago)
On 4/25/05, Anant S Athavale <asa at isac.ernet.in> wrote:

> 1. The crontab entry for root is as below:
>
> * * * * * /home/horde/kronolith/scripts/reminders.php

As mentioned before I have added the /usr/bin/php -q
/path/to/reminders.php in my cron job to run every 10 minutes
via webmin

I have now added the following in my /etc/crontab

* * * * * /var/www/html/horde/kronolith/scripts/reminders.php

> 2.  I am using pgsql for database.  The following tables have to be created.
>

>  horde_vfs
> kronolith_events
> kronolith_storage

I am using postgresql too and have all the above tables created.

> 3. Are you able to send invitations?

Yes I am able to send the invitations.

> Please reply on these aspects, and let us continue the discussion.
>
> -Anant.

Jigish Gohil
to asa, anant_athavale
	 More options	  Apr 28 (3 days ago)
Dear Anant

I have started getting the reminder emails. I think its the entry in
the crontab and the setting up a personal information profile in horde
and imp that might have done the trick.

Could you tell me if its just an email reminder or we can get popup
alert too? I would like to have a popup alert instead of email.

Thanks again

Jigish

_______

Only e-mail reminder.  There is no popup reminder.

But, you can setup of Horde Layout to show the next pending events.