[horde] IMAP disk I/O slow

Jaz horde at harbell.net
Wed May 4 09:56:33 PDT 2005

Thanks Angelo,

I upped to 512MB, which dropped 30 sec to 20 seconds. (this Inbox is
2000 messages/ ~100MB).

What disks do you have, and how many? (stripe/raid? layout?)

PS, the IDE cable is 80-pin not 40 as prev reported. I suppose although
Ultra160 would be fast, the best disk I'm likely to get will still be
only ~50MB/sec, so this isn't going to get me an order of magnatude.

jaz