[horde] "No version found in your configuration. Regenerate Configuration."

Jaz horde at harbell.net
Mon May 9 09:45:11 PDT 2005

"No version found in your configuration. Regenerate Configuration."

Writing a new configuration (e.g. "regeneration") strips the version
line from conf.php.  This happens on all horde apps.

I had setup the latest released horde, carefully upgraded horde and imp
db's, installed new kronolith and some others (newly created db's).
Everything was going fine -- I regenerated config's several times, all
apps were/are working.

Then all of the sudden I get this error on horde Admin / Setup page
anytime I write a new conf.php (any app -- horde, imp, kronolith, turba,
etc).

Comparing conf.php and conf.php.bak (horde) showed this line to be missing:
// $Horde: horde/config/conf.xml,v 1.74.2.5 2005/03/22 11:40:14 jan Exp $

If I stick this line back in then the message goes away.

Note that upon regeneration I get (imp, in this example):
Successfully saved the backup configuration file
d:\htserv\htdocs\horde\config/../imp/config/conf.php.bak.
Success  Successfully wrote
d:\htserv\htdocs\horde\config/../imp/config/conf.php

I'm using the latest version of these apps, the horde & IMP databases
were carefully upgraded, and the other DBs are new.  My system is
Windows 2000, Apache 1.3.29, PHP 4.3.5-dev, and just reinstalled PEAR.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks,
Jaz