[horde] Fwd: Re: Can't get the ?language variable in IMP RC4.

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed May 11 01:02:18 PDT 2005

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von shashank.tripathi at gmail.com -----
     Datum: Wed, 11 May 2005 07:35:13 -0000
       Von: Shashank <shashank.tripathi at gmail.com>
Antwort an: Shashank <shashank.tripathi at gmail.com>
   Betreff: Re: Can't get the ?language variable in IMP RC4.
        An: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>

Sorry to rouse this old thread, but I searched through the archives and
could not find an answer.

I would like to disable the language check at the beginning of the
login. My login screen is from:

  https://MYDOMAIN.COM:2096/horde/index.php

This pops up an authentication window.

When I enter my user id and password, I want to go directly to my INBOX
instead of the intermediate screen with the language confirmation.

Please advise how to do this. In my prefs.php, I changed the language
variable thus:

  // user language
  $_prefs['language'] = array(
    'value' => 'en_US',
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => true,
    'type' => 'select',
    'desc' => _("Select your preferred language:")
  );

So I have set it up to always use "en_US" but it still keeps showing me
the language preferences screen.

Thanks
Shashank

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Not with the way it works now.
> But what I already have on my todo list is that the language the user

> selected on the login page will be respected throughout the session
if
> didn't select another language in his preferences.
>
> Jan.
>
> Zitat von FL KOF <kof_fl at hotmail.com>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need it because I disable the language selection in the login
page (I

> > used a customize login page for my user). Because our main page in
> > Chinese
> > language and user login to IMP (Chinese version), when the users
(who
> > don't
> > understand the Chinese) want to change back to english, they also
don't

> > know the Option(Chinese Word). So I added two button with image
(Chinese

> > and English) in the IMP message main page for them to change it
anywhere

> > and anytime.
> >
> > Is it possible to add back this feature?
> > Thanks!
> >
> > KOF_FL

RC4
> > only

> > >We throw out the language cookie and changed the language setting
> > methods.
> > >It's not possible anymore.
> > >
> > >But why should you need it?
> > >
> > >Jan.

> Jan.

> AMMMa AG - discover your knowledge
> Detmolder Str. 25-33 :: D-33604 Bielefeld
> fon +49.521.96878-0 :: fax  +49.521.96878-20
> http://www.ammma.de

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/