[horde] Synchronie Horde-PIM Infos with kontact or evolution?

David Solbach d at vidsolbach.de
Sat Jun 11 14:47:44 PDT 2005

Zitat von Kevin Myer <kevin_myer at iu13.org>:

> Yes, at least to some extent.  Support for this in in the HEAD branch of CVS,
> but it is preliminary and still has some rough edges to be sanded off.  Check
> the "sync" mailing list archives - there are a number of posters who have had
> success and Karsten has provided a rudimentary HOWTO for doing this.  Most of
> the work has been focused on syncing with PDAs or cell phones, but the beauty
> of SyncML (IMHO) is that it can also be used by applications, so if you can
> find a SyncML client that works with Kontact or Evolution, you should be good
> to go.

Okay, so I learn from your post that the Horde devs are working on a horde
module that acts as an SyncML server so that any SyncML client could
synchronize, right?
I don't know anything about SyncML (at least I already found syncml.org
;) yet.
But I also just learned that my mobile phone (Siemens SX1) either has a SyncML
client included in its delivered Firmware or at least can utilize a Syncml
Client. At least SyncML is mentioned in the Tech specs but
unfortunately not in
the manual. I'd like to test that with my phone and I'll ask the kde-guys what
Kontact can do with SyncML! Btw. I read about this
http://hordinstallation/rpc.xml url, but who does authentication then? Maybe I
just have to read a bit more, but I certanly want do do some testing here!

David