[horde] system notice?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jun 13 02:43:54 PDT 2005

Zitat von Kevin Konowalec <kevin at ualberta.net>:

> Is it (or will it be) possible to send out a global system message to
> users?  For example, if I have to reboot the server I'd like to be
> able to give people a few minutes notice... that sort of thing.  I
> would think it could be handled the same way as new mail notification.

I usually do such kind of things (e.g. turning off the whole system
with a nice message) in lib/core.php, because this file is loaded from
*every* script (at least it should) at the very beginning.

A solution would be to create a Notification instance there and push a
warning. This will be visible for all users on every page request.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/