[horde] FW: fetchmail

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Tue Jun 21 04:31:20 PDT 2005

This is where I'm confused.  You have to login to IMP to read your
mail, so why
not use the maintenance task feature of fetchmail, that kicks it off on your
initial login?  Or are you not using IMP to read your mail and you want to
reuse the IMP fetchmail code to pull mail across?

> The fetchmail process *is* already an (optional) maintenance task. He
> is looking for a solution that works if the user is not logged in.

I know its a maintenance task but it only runs once per login.  To be truly
useful, it would be nice to specify how often the fetchmail component of IMP
polls the remote mailboxes and downloads new mail.  Other than removing the
delay of the initial download of messages when a user logs in, it seems like a
lot of extra work to run this out of cron, unless there's some benefit I've
overlooked.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer