[horde] blank page update

Stacy Dunkle sdunkle at pennswoods.net
Wed Jun 22 11:05:38 PDT 2005

On Jun 22, 2005, at 4:51 PM, Jeffrey Steinbrecher wrote:

> Sorry i don't have an answer to your problems, But i am about to
> install horde over a fresh install of Fedora 4 as well. Do you have
> any tips for things i should look out for? Did you do the install
> using rpms or the tar.gz's ? I've noticed fedora seems to come with
> all the pre-req's except for domxml wu-imap and php-gettext - is
> there anything else i should look out for?
>
> thanks
>
> -J

Yes. I installed horde/imp/turba manually (tar.gz's). If you aren't
already, use "yum" to install anything you're missing, except for
mcrypt, but luckily there's already RPMs for FC4 available here:

http://dries.ulyssis.org/rpm/packages/libmcrypt/info.html

You might find it helpful to use yum to install "mhash" and "mhash-
devel" before installing the mcrypt rpm's.

As for PHP, FC4's yum will install PHP5 by default. It didn't seem to
matter if I used 5 or 4, I had the same problem, and the horde/imp
logins that did work while I was using 5, worked well. However, if
you do find that you need to use PHP4 for some reason, then you'll
have to do a "yum remove php" to get rid of 5, and compile/install 4
from source, as there doesn't appear to be any RPM's for FC4 for
PHP4. Be sure to also use yum grab any 'devel' packages for any php
option you choose to compile with.

After googling around a bit and searching the mailing list archives,
it seems as though there is no real solution to the problem that
plagues me, so I'm going back to horde2/imp3 for now, it works fine
on the new server. I'll still have an experimental install of horde3/
imp4 on another server to play around with, should anyone come up
with a solution.

-Stace