[horde] blank page update

Edwin L. Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Wed Jun 22 16:46:27 PDT 2005

Quoting Stacy Dunkle <sdunkle at pennswoods.net>:

> On Jun 22, 2005, at 11:16 AM, Stacy Dunkle wrote:
>
>> Horde 3.0.4
>> Imp 4.0.3
>> Turba 2.0.2
>> PHP 5.0.4-10
>> Apache 2.0.54
>> Fedora Core 4
>> authentication through Imp
>>
>> I'm testing out a new installation of Horde/Imp, after previously
>> using the Horde2/Imp3 series for a while on another server.
>>
>> While having various people log in to the test install, I'm having an
>> issue where some people can login and get their inbox just fine,
>> while others just get a blank page, stuck on the redirect.php url.
>>
>> I've tested it on various browsers and machines, with the same mixed
>> results. I've even cleared the caches, deleted cookies, etc., to no
>> avail.
>>
>> Has anyone else ran into this problem? Is there a way to fix this?
>> Should I not be using PHP 5?
>
> Just an update on my problem, I went ahead and switched back to php4
> (4.3.11), and I get the same exact thing.
>
> If this helps..  the source code of the blank page is simply:

I usually set the following in my php.ini when this happens:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
display_errors = On
display_startup_errors = On
log_errors_max_len = 0

Be sure and reset apache.  that should get you some noise :) and
hopefully guide you to the problem.

I have had no problems with PHP5 but as they say YMMV and you've
already reverted back to php4.  You can also find errors in
httpd-error.log or equivaliant on your system.  You might look there
too.

Good luck,

ed