[horde] Ldap problem

Liebe Markus (AE/BA-S) * Markus.Liebe at de.bosch.com
Wed Jun 29 01:50:22 PDT 2005

Hi there,

I have a problem with the ldap authentication. I am not able to search
the
ldap server using an unmodified Auth/ldap.php.
Horde says: "Der LDAP-Server konnte nicht durchsucht werden." ("Could
not
search the LDAP server")
I could not even see a single packet of network traffic coming in on the
ldap server using ethereal.

After examining ldap.php I found out that it uses the parameters given
in
$this->_params which seem to be empty:
echo "[".implode(",",$this->_params)."]"; comes up with "[]"
So I had a try and replaced every occurence of $this->_params with
$params.
After doing this, I am able to see incoming ldap requests at the ldap
server. And Horde comes up with:
"Leeres Ergebnis" ("Empty result")

I think the cause of the empty result is the variable $userId beeing
empty. Which leads to a ldap search with no results. In my opinion this
variable should contain the Username given on the login-screen.
Somehow I think I have no access to the the Auth.php membervariables
$_params and $_authCredentials from within ldap.php.

Does anyone of you know what I can do about this? I just want to
authenticate the user who wants to login against the ldap server...

The ldap settings that I use in Horde are working in other tools like
gq.
So I am quite sure that the problem is not based upon these settings.

My Horde version is:
v3.0.5-RC1

Markus