[horde] horde_datatree grows larger

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Jul 1 01:18:20 PDT 2005

Zitat von Kevin Myer <kevin_myer at iu13.org>:

>> Zitat von Serhat Gungor <gungorserh at itu.edu.tr>:
>>
>>> I am using horde framework 3, imp 4 and also turba, kronolith, mnemo and
>>> nag. I am using horde datatree system storage SQL. My horde_datatree tables
>>> become larger because of my large number of users. It has aproximately
>>> 270,000 rows. Because of this horde slows down.
>
> This relates to a question I've been meaning to ask for some time.  Its
> noted in
> the documentation that the DataTree can grow quite large and slow down a
> system.  My question is this:  is there a reasonable set of maintenance
> procedures that can be done to safely prune elements from a DataTree?  For
> example, over time, you accumulate shares for users whose accounts have been
> deleted.  So horde_datatree grows, and horde_datatree_attributes grows,

That's what the "clear user" functionality is for that automatically
gets called when deleting users from through horde. I described this in
depth in the past, so only the short version: this works currently for
preferences (iirc) but hooks for datatree and the applications are yet
to be written.

> but may
> contain a lot of dead trees.  Also, I find the IMP message history to be very
> helpful and that kind of functionality is in a lot of modern mail
> clients.  But
> it would also be possible to do something like, say after six months, delete
> the IMP message history (in much the same way that a maintenance script
> for IMP
> runs to delete linked attachments older than six months).

Yeah, that makes sense and might be very helpful. IIRC message
histories get pruned if a message is deleted, but removing old
histories of existing messages should be possible too.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/