[horde] Individualized bulletin in portal view...

Mike Cisar mlists at starmania.net
Sat Jul 2 09:28:19 PDT 2005

Have looked briefly through some of the available Horde modules but don't
see anything obvious that would help me do what I want to do (I could have
missed something though, that wouldn't be a first :-)

What I would like to do is have a portal block which would display system
bulletins to the user, these bulletins could come from a database, or
flat-file... the server is not really that busy that it would matter.  We
have currently set up something that just pulls in an HTML page with status
information, but we'd like to get fancier.  Fancier in that we would like to
have a method to display a bulletin specific to a given user (and possibly
in addition the ability to display a message to those with a given UNIX
group membership or in a given domain).  "your account will expire on July
1", "accounting network will be down for maintenance", "blah.com email will
be down"... that type of thing.

If there's nothing with that functionality now, are there any horde
modules/portal blocks that come close which I could use as a starting point?
I'm not the greatest programmer, so the better "starting point" I have the
better off I'll be.

Thanks!