[horde] mysql as a db backend and table types

liamr@umich.edu liamr at umich.edu
Tue Jul 5 08:33:13 PDT 2005

Just a quick survey of the table type used by the other people using MySQL as a
prefs / session store.  MyISAM?  InnoDB?

We're using InnoDB because we believe we were getting table corruption due to
the table level locking used by MyISAM (instead of the row level locking that
is offered by InnoDB), but we're also wondering if InnoDB is contributing to
the 2gb memory limit errors we're seeing with our sessions table.

So... what do other large installations use as their DB backend for prefs and
sessions?  If not some form of MySQL table (ie another rdbms), why?

Liam